Due to multiple requests we have decided to add a shorter road ride to the Gourmet Gravel Santa Barbara weekend. Many folks want to be part of the the festivities but are not up to the demands of the full GGSB. This is a non-supported road loop through the beautiful foothills of Santa BArbara. You can still be part of the post ride activities at Telegraph Brewing Company including locally crafted beer, gourmet food and our kick-ass raffle.
- Start & Finish at Telegraph Brewing Company 418 N. Salsipuedes Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- 11:30AM Saturday 4 November 2017
- 5:30 - 8:00PM Friday 3 November 2017. Welcome party and packet pick-up - Santa Barbara Cycling 531 E. Cota Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- Day of packet pick-up 10:00-11:00AM Telegraph Brewing Company 418 N. Salsipuedes Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Parking in the "Junk Zone" of the East Side of Santa Barbara is street parking. Please be sure to read applicapble parking signs where you choose to park to avoid parking citations. There is plenty of parking in town, please visit City of Santa Barbara parking info website for locations and rates.
DISTANCES & ROUTE:
- Petit GG sans Gravel came about after multiple requests for a route that still showcases the beauty of Santa Barbara for those who are not up to the demands of the full GGSB route. Our partners a SB Bike (who are also one of our beneficiaries) suggested using one of the routes of their partners, Cycle Cal Coast. What better way for a collaboration to work than to collaborate! We added to one of their most popular routes to allow for the start/finish to remain at Telegraph Brewing Company. To our delight, the route just happens to completely follow one of our most favorite roads in Santa Barbara (Mountain Drive) which by no coincidence is also part of the full GGSB route.
- The 18+ miles of Petit GG sans Gravel has a total elevation gain/loss of 1,200 ft, offers views of the Pacific riding along Cabrillo Blvd that can only be outdone by those along the iconic Mountain Drive.
- The roads for Petit GG sans Gravel are generally in good to great condition. As always it is important to keep ones head up any always point out any potential obstacles to fellow riders.
- BIKE: A standard road is perfect for this route, however the ride will be equally enjoyable on a hybrid or mountain bike with slicks.
- GEARING: The route is quite tame, however there are a few uphill pitches that approach 11%. They don't last long, but may sting a little
Petit GG sans Gravel is the little sibling to the full Gourmet Gravel Santa Barbara and both are non-timed participation events. Due to the nature of both rides, Petit GG sans Gravel with not have any aid stations but all participants will be able to partake in all the pre and post ride amenities. We wil have course marshals on bike for the ride.
POST RIDE FESTIVITIES:
We are fortunate to have our post race party an raffle at or sponsors HQ, Telegraph Brewing Company 418 N. Salsipuedes Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103 (same location as the start). Post ride beverages provided with locally brewed Telegraph Brewing Company & will also have nonalcoholic beverages. All paid participants will receive a complimentary Telegraph brew of their choice or non-alcoholic beverage if you so choose, along with a catered lunch.
We are currently finalizing our gourmet lunch menu with local Chef X?X? (to be announced soon) with menu details to follow.